Altria Submits PMTA for 'On! Plus' Pouches


Altria Group has submitted premarket tobacco product applications (PMTAs) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its "On! Plus" oral nicotine pouch products. The PMTAs were submitted by Altria's wholly owned subsidiary Helix Innovations.


Image: maurice norbert


On! Plus is a spit-free, oral tobacco-derived nicotine (TDN) pouch product made from a proprietary "soft-feel" material to provide a more comfortable product experience. The On! Plus pouch is designed for adults who dip and adult dual users (i.e., adults who smoke and dip).


According to Altria, On! Plus pouches are seamless and larger than the leading U.S. TDN brands. Similar to the currently marketed On! products, On! Plus packaging features a compartment to responsibly dispose of used product. Helix submitted PMTAs for three distinct On! Plus varieties: tobacco, mint and wintergreen. Each variety comes in three different nicotine strength options.


"Helix's submission of the On! Plus applications underscores Altria's commitment to addressing consumers' evolving preferences through innovation in potentially reduced risk products. We firmly believe that On! Plus is a transformative product that will meaningfully contribute to Helix's growth in the U.S. market, upon timely FDA authorization," said Nick MacPhee, managing director and general manager of Helix in a statement.


"We've long believed in the value of a robust marketplace of authorized smoke-free products for adult tobacco consumers. We believe that these PMTAs demonstrate that responsibly marketed On! Plus pouches can provide a compelling alternative in the marketplace," said Paige Magness, senior vice president of regulatory affairs, Altria Client Services.


Upon authorization, Altria expects the products to be distributed by Altria Group Distribution Co.


Helix currently sells On! nicotine pouches in the U.S. In the first quarter of 2024, On! shipment volume grew 32 percent versus the prior year and the brand achieved a 7.1 percent retail share of the total U.S. oral tobacco category.


Altria entered the U.S. oral nicotine products market in 2019 after signing a deal with Burger Söhne to acquire an 80 percent ownership stake in some companies that commercialized On! Products, according to The Wall Street Journal. In December 2020 and April 2021, Altria subsidiaries concluded transactions to buy the remaining 20 percent stake of the global on! business for about $250 million.


Altria's PMTA announcement comes after Philip Morris International's Swedish Match North America unit suspended nationwide sales on its U.S. website as local officials in Washington, D.C., investigate whether the company is in compliance with the district's ban on the sale of flavored products.

电子雾化与HNB产品都是新型电子产品,结构虽小,却融合应用多种材料、表面处理、芯片电子等技术工艺,而且雾化技术一直在不断更迭,供应链在逐步完善,为了促进供应链企业间有一个良好的对接交流,艾邦搭建产业微信群交流平台,欢迎加入;Vape e-cigarettes (VAPE) and Heat-Not-Burn e-cigarettes (HNB) are both emerging electronic products. Despite their compact size, they integrate various materials, surface treatment technologies, chip electronics, and other advanced technical processes. Moreover, atomization technology is constantly evolving and the supply chain is being progressively perfected. To facilitate good communication and networking among supply chain enterprises, Aibang has established an industry WeChat group communication platform and warmly welcomes interested enterprises to join.

Vape 加热不燃烧 低温本草 草本雾化 CBD 品牌 成品工厂 渠道商 物流 贸易 雾化芯 发热丝 陶瓷雾化芯 发热片 成品雾化芯 雾化器 烟嘴 烟油 香精 储油棉 玻纤管 纸管 降温段 SMT 方案商 方案设计 咪头 电芯 电池 mcu 芯片 mos管 PCB 显示屏 pin针 磁铁 线材 马达 电子元件 连接器 工业设计 防伪 塑胶件 塑料 原材料 PCTG 透明尼龙 PPSU PEEK 硅橡胶 密封件 注塑 模具 模具设计 表面处理 IMD/IML 五金 铝管 不锈钢管 压铸 铝外壳 铝挤 玻璃仓 外观件 3D玻璃 包装 厚膜印刷设备 注塑机 自动化设备 整线 烟弹组装 包棉机 注油机 压盖机 包装设备 贴标机 认证 检测 检测设备 激光设备 烧结炉 加工设备 设备配件 加工耗材 充电器 实体店 评测 自动售货机 媒体 医用雾化器 电子产品 其他

作者 xie, yao